Adaptation is my middle name

Hold on to your panties and grab a cocktail! We're in for the long haul!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Today has been awesome so far. I had lunch with Ryan and I just am continuously amazed by that man. He's such a sweet soul, and I am so lucky to have him. He's got a watch until midnight tonight and I'm not too happy about that. Seriously? They expect him to be at work by 6, then stand a watch from 3:30pm to 12:00am. That's just a little too intense.

I talked to Ashley (best friend) on my way home from lunch and it makes me soo excited to hear that she and June are trying to get a new apartment and that 'said' apartment is right across the street from my mom's house! YAY! When I move back in September during Ryan's deployment that is going to be amazing. I can't imagine how hard it's going to be without him, but I am pretty excited that I've got so many things to look forward to. We're going to be saving so much money by me moving home, and I'm going to be busy planning the wedding and our honeymoon.

I have a doctors appointment next Wednesday to review my bloodwork. It's been a few years since I have had a thorough exam for my remissed thyroid cancer, and I'm a bit nervous. I feel fine, and everything has been good for the past few years, but I never really get that dropped feeling in my stomach. You never know when the bottom is going to fall through when dealing with cancer. I'm going to stay positive. That's all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment