Adaptation is my middle name

Hold on to your panties and grab a cocktail! We're in for the long haul!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's the little things...

Today I ended up having to have a root canal done. Not only that, but apparently my mouth is a playground for cavities.. so.. holla. This whole ordeal scared the shit out of me because I was NOT ready to pay 2,000 dollars to deal with some dental work. We have dental insurance, but it's still a hot mess. We have a 1,200 dollar cap and the total bill was 2,300. This means I was responsible for 1,100. When the billing manager explained this to me after my exam I almost had a heart attack. Another bill to add to the pile... then, a ray of light.

Every dentist I've called in the last week offers financing as long as you sell your soul to a 3rd party bank for a credit line with some 16%+ interest tagged on to your bill. Well, this particular dentist I went to was a corporate chain. "Western Dental" Turns out, they offer no interest financing and can split up your payments however you feel the most comfortable. This made me a little nervous because I am not a fan of WalMart medicine. I could imagine that this experience was gonna be a hot ass mess.

I was so wrong. The staff was amazing. The office was hospital clean and the equipment was all brand new. The doctor was amazing, and he was so understanding and patient. It was the most pleasent experience, and it literally made me cry. I've been under so much stress lately, that getting this pain resolved without having to stress out made me incredibly overwhelmed with emotion. I know it sounds crazy, but being without Ryan even for the past 3 days has turned my world all upside down. I'm pushing forward, like I always do, but feeling crappy because of this tooth, organizing this move, and having to clean the entire apartment for the walk through has sucked. Today, at Western Dental, they fixed me, and I have one more thing checked off the list.

It's a really good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment