Adaptation is my middle name

Hold on to your panties and grab a cocktail! We're in for the long haul!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Blogging

Had a thought a few moments ago.. I wonder if putting it all out there on this blog is such a great idea. I think about how public it really is. I think about the consequences of having all of my feelings.. (the good, bad, and ugly) put out there for everyone to see. Is it worth it? Is this form of venting and releasing all my inner monologue energy necessary?

Then I remember: that's the point. The point of this entire thing is to put it out there. To put ME out there. I have other journals. More private ones. I've kept a journal for most of my life, and I have always kept them very guarded. The liberty of having others hear your words and see eye to eye with you on some level is exactly that: liberating.

I think that nowadays we're all a little too guarded. Technology and cosmetic outlets have given us the option to hide so many of our beautiful humanistic flaws. Whatever happened to the days of writing letters and waiting on phone calls? Before status updates and tweets we were able to put ourselves out there with a little bit more effort. If someone actually took the time to sit down and write you a handwritten letter on their monogrammed stationary, it was a sign of respect and dignity. The twitters, facebooks, and myspaces? It's exhausting, and it's all too easy. That's why I take the effort to send cards. I use the postal system in any way I can. It means so much more to get a post card, thank you card, or even a card of sympathy than getting some useless e-vite. While researching different ideas for "save-the-dates" for the wedding I stumbled across the newest fad: save-the-date emails. What the actual hell? I don't think so.

Gently taking myself off of the soapbox I guess I'll get to my point. For a few minutes I thought about going back and editing some of my posts to keep a few things private... Then I decided: No. I want to put in that extra effort... even if it makes me look like a total A-hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment