Adaptation is my middle name

Hold on to your panties and grab a cocktail! We're in for the long haul!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Deployment Day One


I got back about an hour ago from taking Ryan to the airport for his first deployment. I am proud to say that I didn't cry in the terminal, but the second I walked out of the building and heard them starting the plane I was done for. The tears just kept coming and coming and I couldn't control the intense feeling of loss. I know it's not the end of the world, but my best friend is gone for a month. Communication will be minimal, and I haven't been away from him for more than a day since we were married. The hardest part was pulling into our driveway, and walking through the front door. The reality of the situaton just really set in. He's gone, I will push through daily life without him, and there is nothing I can do about it. It's terrifying and surreal and unfair. My heart aches for him when he's not here, and I will miss him so much.


I AM missing him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment